- Accessible customer service is as simple as making some small changes and training your staff to serve customers of all abilities, such as:
- Accommodating a customer's service dog.
- Writing down the answer to a question for someone who is Deaf.
- Using plain language and speaking in short sentences when helping someone with a developmental disability.
- More than 1.85 million Ontarians have a disability and this number is quickly rising as the population ages.
- By 2017, for the first time, Ontarians aged 65 and over will account for a larger share of the population than children aged 0-14.