- The six companies owned and operated by Blondin include Steven’s Inc. of Orangeville, Axcea International Inc. of Toronto, Automotive Containment Solutions Inc. of Concord, Automotive CSI Inc. of Richmond Hill, Automotive CSI – Alliston Inc., and Automotive CSI – Newmarket Inc.
- The sentences were imposed by Justice of the Peace Vladimir Bubrin in Toronto.
- Since 2004, the Ministry’s Employment Standards Program has recovered more than $90 million in wages and other monies owed to employees through inspections, claims and collections.
- The Ministry of Labour prosecutes persons, including corporations, for violations of the Employment Standards Act, 2000 and its regulations to ensure compliance.
- A victim fine surcharge is required under the Provincial Offences Act and contributes to a special provincial government fund to assist victims of crime.